Developers also updated the “topics” function and anti-spam algorithm.
Other changes in Telegram:
- Auto-Delete for all chats. Users can now set a unified auto-delete timer to automatically remove messages in all new chats. Existing chats will not be affected;
- Updated “topics”. Group chats obtained a default topic folder called General, in which group's service messages and pre-topic message history are stored. This topic is available for all group members. Old messages are now transferred in this folder, but admins can rename the topic or hide it from the main list;
- Updated Anti-Spam. Group admins can enable the new “aggressive mode” with automatic spam filters. The function is only available for groups of more than 200 members;
- Emoji search on iOS. Now Telegram users on iOS can enjoy emoji search using keywords. That was already available on Android;
- Reworked detailed storage usage on Android. Developers accustomed it to iOS users;
- Additional premium emoji. Premium users got 10 more custom emoji packs. It gives more ways of expression via messages, reactions, and statuses. Also, developers added more interactive emojis.
A few days ago Pavel Durov summed up the first year of monetized Telegram. He said that the result exceeded the company's expectations. Advertising and Telegram Premium subscription put Telegram on a steady path towards financial sustainability.