In an effort to improve its satellite internet offerings, SpaceX has unveiled its next-generation Starlink terminal, Tesla investor Sawyer Merritt announced on X.
Compared to its predecessor, the Standard Actuated terminal, which was designed for everyday use like gaming, video calls, and streaming, the new Starlink terminal boasts several enhancements.
The device features a slimmer and more portable design, a higher waterproof and wind resistance rating, an increased field of view, and notably, it eliminates the need for a motor. It comes with a Gen 3 router that supports Wi-Fi 6.
• New design that's slimmer & more portable
• Starlink kit also includes Gen 3 router with improved range & speeds
• No motors. Simple kickstand
• 10% better field of view vs previous gen
• Higher IP67 waterproof rating
• Can operate in 60+mph wind speeds (vs 50+ before)
In addition to the new terminal, Starlink offers a range of options, including the Standard and Standard Actuated terminals, as well as High Performance and Flat High-Performance terminals.